Yggdrasil Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yggdrasil Revival

A Original RP forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Connie Shim

Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Browsing through the bookshelves, Connie sighed. She hadn't been able to find much yet about Yggdrasil other than the whole, "It's the magical tree of life," shabang. Suspecting that some of it was hidden away somewhere, she made a note to herself to go and bug one of the teachers, soon enough, about whether or not there were hidden sources somewhere. But for now, she continued her search.

She had already gone through the bottom few shelves of books, not finding anything useful. Looking the bookshelf of history books up and down, she calculated it'd take her at least another day and a half to try and go through all of these without anyone's help. Unfortunately, while wind could flip pages, it wasn't much good at reading them.

Shivering a bit, five foot three girl clambered onto it, and started looking through the book titles, selecting the ones that seemed to have the most relevance. When she had a good pile of three pretty thick books (anymore would make it too heavy for her), she climbed off and started to read. The cold had started to permeate her many layers of clothes. Screw it, she tried to call forth a warm wind, only to have the cold north wind greet her.

Without the fire mages around, the wind wouldn't ever warm up.
Back to top Go down
Tiege Parmenides

Tiege Parmenides

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Tiege was browsing library books idly, his index finger trailing over their spines. There was a girl over there, and the poor girl looked rather cold. So he moved forward, strutting slightly, and approached her. His staff, as always, right beside him and being used like a walking stick. "Hullo Ma'am." He bowed slightly, taking her hand and brushing his lips over it. "I couldn't help but notice that you seemed to be cold. If you would like, I could hand you my jacket. I can make do without it." As he bowed, his long, thick hair fell in front of him and nearly turned his head to the side like a heavy weight was tied to his head. He wondered why he didn't just cut it, but then he'd remind himself that it looks amazing.

He took a moment to glance at the piles of books the girl had collected up, but qickly lost interest. He didn't care about things he didn't understand, and he didn't understand about the stupid magical dead tree. But people didn't like it when he said that, so he decided not to say it to this girl, seeing as she seemed to have an interst in it. For some reason. After all, why should the students be made to do it? They hadn't learned enough yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thezodiacschool.forumotion.org
Connie Shim

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 am

Connie looked up in surprise when she heard another's voice make its way into her ears. A boy, quite a bit taller than her, with...really pretty long brown hair had approached her, taken her hand and kissed it. She supposed she could give him some merit for being gentlemanly, and a soft smile made its way onto her face. A slight laugh was coaxed out of her, when he offered her his jacket. His hair, being such a weight, made his bow look...quite interesting to say the least. Getting back to the situation at hand though, she politely declined.

"Oh, no, you don't have to! It's cold enough for everyone here already, and I wouldn't want to make you suffer the cold for my sake!" She decided to ignore the somewhat disinterested look in the boy's eyes as he laid eyes on her pile of books. Those were just the books she had gone through already too. Looking back at him, she decided that he wasn't too bad looking, though she wondered what his name was. The best way to get that would probably be to introduce herself wouldn't it?

"Whoop, silly me, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Connie Shim, a wind mage at this school! If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" She pulled tightly on her coat, and wondered why she hadn't bothered taking her fingerless gloves along with. Looking into the boy's eyes, she waited for her answer.

((/late & ignore any grammar issues, I'll fix them later...when it's not 1 a.m. XD))
Back to top Go down
Tiege Parmenides

Tiege Parmenides

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:55 am

Tiege nodded and kept his jacket to himself. It made him feel like less of a gentleman though... Proper men should never keep their coats to themselves when a maiden was in need of extra warmth! "Oh, you're a Wind Mage? I am as well! It's nice meeting someone like me!" He beamed and looked around for a place to sit. "Connie... That's a lovely name. Ah, my name is Tiege. I come from Greece. What about you?" Locating a seat, he perched on it almost daintily (Refinedly, he likes to think) and propped his staff up on the stack of rejected books.

He was pleased with this girl, because usually the first thing people ask is how he got the scar on his cheek. Sometimes he liked bragging about his scar but it gets tedious if too many people ask. He kept his eyes focussed on the girl's - Connie's - face.

(( Nothing... Else... To write... orz ))
Back to top Go down
Connie Shim

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 pm

"Nice to meet you Tiege! I come from uh, California actually," seeing that his eyes were fixated on her face, Connie decided to look closer at Tiege's. A scar on his cheek was quite prominent now that she looked closer, though it probably wouldn't be best to ask. Looking back wistfully at her books, she decided to ask him if he would help. But perhaps she should get his opinion on this whole ordeal with Yggdrasil.

"It's really cold isn't it?" her eyes looked into his seriously, "And, I haven't been able to find anything to possibly help revive Yggdrasil in these books... I don't know if I should give up or keep going, what do you think?"

Gradually, she was starting to warm up, the conversation somewhat lifting her spirits up.

((excuse the horrible writing, I just got done reading bad fanfiction "OTL))
Back to top Go down
Tiege Parmenides

Tiege Parmenides

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 pm

"Yes, terribly cold," Tiege had to agree, doing his jacket up just that little more. He wiggled his toes and wondered if he'll ever find a warm part of the school. "You must hate going from somewhere as chilly as California to somewhere so cold like here," He commented as a gust of wind rushed past them. Tiege wasn't sure if he'd done that by accident, or if it was just normal wind. Sometimes it was hard to tell, as he'll let his mind wonder and accidentally cast little spells.

Taking a step forward he linked his arm with hers. "For now, miss, I think you should give it a rest. Perhaps grab a book you think might help. But you look like you've been working for a long time, and it's certainly not a good thing to work for such long periods of time. Instead, how about you accompany me to the kitchens? It would be a good idea to research, but you can resume researcing tomorrow, after your mind has had a cooldown. With all the use you've put it to, it must be warmer than any other muscle in your body!" He gave a small casual laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]   Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading may Uncover Some Things [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yggdrasil Revival :: Koterne Mage Academy :: Library-
Jump to: